Please read this important safety notice about working outdoors with trimmers, also called weed eaters.
We recommend everyone take proper precautions and use proper attire while working outdoors using a trimmer of any kind.
This includes wearing jeans or some sort of durable full-leg pants, as well as wearing safety goggles to protect your eyes from any debris.
Our trimmer head works as intended to cut whatever you put in it's path, and we ask you to make sure you are properly protecting yourself while doing this.
We urge you to take all precautions and only use your trimmer as intended for yard work and landscaping. This trimmer head is not meant to cut stone, wood, plastic, or any type of dangerous object.
Using your trimmer safely:
- Ensure pets and children are kept away from the area you’re working in.
- Always use the same size of line or blade as outlined in the manufacturer’s instructions.
- It’s best to wear sturdy shoes that cover your toes and long trousers when using your electric grass trimmer. You should also consider wearing goggles and grip gloves for extra safety.
- Don’t use your grass trimmer when it’s raining, or damp on the ground.
- Check the area for any wildlife, debris or trip hazards before you begin.
- Keep the cord over your shoulder and well out of the way during use to prevent cutting through it.
- Be extra careful when working near to graveled areas – if a stone gets caught up in the mechanism and is then spat out, it could cause serious injury.
- If your trimmer cuts out, turn it off before attempting to inspect it for any problems/blockages.
- If a fire does start, don't try to fight the fire. Get to safety and call 999 immediately.
- Always unplug your grass trimmer before cleaning.
- Store in a cool, dry place.